Booking Conditions 2013
1. To make a booking, please contact us for a booking form and return it to us duly completed with a deposit of £200 per person. Cheques should be made payable to CHRISTOPHER POLLARD TOURS. Provisional bookings can be made by telephone and will be held for one week.
2. The price does not contain holiday insurance. We recommend that you check your household policy or private medical insurance. Marks & Spencer (telephone), 0800 683918; Boots the Chemist (0845 8402020) and the Post Office (0845 7223344) all offer travel insurance policies. For passengers with an existing medical condition All Clear Plus (0845 2505350) should be contacted.
3. Financial Protection. When you buy an ATOL protected air holiday package from Christopher Pollard Tours you will receive a confirmation invoice from us confirming your arrangements and your protection under our Air Travel Organisers’ Licence number 10256. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, this CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk
4.We purchase return scheduled air tickets for our clients. These tickets are fully pre-paid and are dispatched to the client before the balance of payment is due. Eight weeks before departure we shall send you your air tickets, full travel details and other practical information. You will then let us have the balance of payment.
5 .On certain tours is it possible for clients to fly from local airports and these flights can be arranged but clients should be aware that they often involve a small surcharge and that it is their responsibility to ensure that they are at the airport in time to meet up with the incoming group. On occasions this might involve an overnight stay at the destination, at their expense.
6. Everything is done to provide tours as detailed but we may have to modify or cancel them up to 8 weeks before departure. After that date changes will only occur as a result of circumstances beyond our control or force majeure. Should alternative arrangements of comparable standards not be acceptable, we shall make a full refund.
7. Every booking is accepted subject to the standard terms and conditions imposed by the coach, shipping, hotel, restaurant, insurance company, or any other companies, firms or persons involved.
8. CHRISTOPHER POLLARD TOURS accepts liability for any loss sustained as a direct result of the negligence of one of its employees, but cannot accept liability for the actions of those concerned with any aspect of your holiday over whom we have no direct control, or who is not employed by us.
9. All the elements in the tour are included in the price: that is, scheduled air ticket, all transport during the tour, hotel, all meals, all entrance fees, all itineraries, the services of Chris Pollard and his staff. Occasional coffees and drinks outside mealtimes are not included.
10. The air holiday packages in this brochure are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is 10256. ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services in this brochure. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking.
11. Cancellation of Booking must be in writing and, regrettably, will mean the retention of some of the total tour price to cover expenses already incurred by us. If reasons for cancellation are covered by holiday insurance, claims for refund should be submitted to the insurance company.
The range of out tours gives enormous freedom of choice. Clients can choose to spend the week based in one hotel from which daily excursions will be made or to embark on a grand journey, staying in two, three or more locations. Most tours contain some rural elements, and when appropriate we time our visits to coincide with the best of the flowers and the wildlife or the autumn colours.
Scheduled FLIGHTS or HIGH SPEED TRAIN from the UK, ALL travel in Spain, excellent hotels, ALL meals (breakfast, snack or picnic lunch, dinner), DRINKS AND WINE with the meals, ALL excursions and the round-the-clock services of someone whose knowledge of Spain is unrivalled are INCLUDED IN THE PRICE. This alone makes Christopher Pollard Tours unique!
Hotels vary in style and size: we choose them for their character and location. Rooms are always en-suite, of course. Our chosen restaurants offer the best of local cuisine: wine is always served with meals and is often a style and a vintage of high quality.
Everything is organised for you – the best available flights, the most appropriate accommodation, the most rewarding excursions, the best picnic spots and restaurants – you can relax and enjoy everything without any of the hassles associated with travelling independently.
Our single supplements simply reflect the supplements we have to pay the hotels. They are significant but not, we hope, excessive. Clients who require a single room will normally be given a double room for single occupancy.
The atmosphere of our groups is that of a party of friends travelling together!
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT THE OFFICE SHOULD YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE OR INFORMATION. Susan Rose and her team are committed to making every aspect of your holiday problem-free. In addition, Sandra Williams, our Ticketing Agent, is very happy to assist with booking airport hotels and car parking. Sandra’s direct line is 01264 363568.
OUR TELEPHONE NUMBER IS 01823 286097. Outside office hours an answer phone service is available. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org and our website is www.christopherpollardtours.com