- To make a booking please send the booking form to us duly completed with a deposit of £200 per person. Cheques should be made payable to CHRISTOPHER POLLARD TOURS. Provisional bookings can be made by telephone and will be held for one week.
- The price does not contain holiday insurance. We recommend that you check your household policy or private medical insurance. Marks & Spencer (telephone), 0800 683918; Boots the Chemist (0845 8402020) and the Post Office (0845 7223344) all offer travel insurance policies. For passengers with an existing medical condition All Clear Plus (0845 2505350) should be contacted.
- We purchase return scheduled air tickets for our clients. These tickets are fully pre-paid and are dispatched to the client before the balance of payment is due. Eight weeks before departure we shall send you your air tickets, full travel details and other practical information. You will then let us have the balance of payment.
- On certain tours is it possible for clients to fly from local airports and these flights can be arranged but clients should be aware that they often involve a small surcharge and that it is their responsibility to ensure that they are at the airport in time to meet up with the incoming group. On occasions this might involve an overnight stay at the destination, at their expense.
- Everything is done to provide tours as detailed but we may have to modify or cancel them up to 8 weeks before departure. After that date changes will only occur as a result of circumstances beyond our control or force majeure. Should alternative arrangements of comparable standards not be acceptable, we shall make a full refund.
- Every booking is accepted subject to the standard terms and conditions imposed by the coach, shipping, hotel, restaurant, insurance company, or any other companies, firms or persons involved.
- CHRISTOPHER POLLARD TOURS accepts liability for any loss sustained as a direct result of the negligence of one of its employees, but cannot accept liability for the actions of those concerned with any aspect of your holiday over whom we have no direct control, or who is not employed by us.
Terms and Conditions
- All the elements in the tour are included in the price: that is, scheduled air ticket, all transport during the tour, hotel, all meals, all entrance fees, all itineraries, the services of Chris Pollard and his staff. Occasional coffees and drinks outside mealtimes are not included.
- The air holiday packages in this brochure are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is 10256. ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services in this brochure. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking.
- Your Financial Protection When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
- We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
- If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
- Cancellation of Booking must be in writing and, regrettably, will mean the retention of some of the total tour price to cover expenses already incurred by us. If reasons for cancellation are covered by holiday insurance, claims for refund should be submitted to the insurance company.
Cancellation of booking
- 60 days or more before departure – deposit retained
- 29 – 59 days before departure – 30% of total price retained
- 15 – 28 days before departure – 50% of total price retained
- 3 – 14 days before departure – 75% of total price retained
- 48 hours before departure or later – 100% of total price retained
THE RANGE OF OUR TOURS GIVES ENORMOUS FREEDOM OF CHOICE. Clients can choose to spend the week based in one hotel from which daily excursions will be made or to embark on a grand journey, staying in two, three or more locations. Most tours contain some rural elements, and when appropriate we time our visits to coincide with the best of the flowers and the wildlife or the autumn colours.GENERAL INFORMATION.
Scheduled FLIGHTS or HIGH SPEED TRAIN from the UK, ALL travel in Spain, excellent hotels, ALL meals (breakfast, snack or picnic lunch, dinner), DRINKS AND WINE with the meals, ALL excursions and the round-the-clock services of Chris, Moses and the team are INCLUDED IN THE PRICE. This alone makes Christopher Pollard Tours unique!
HOTELS VARY IN STYLE AND SIZE: we choose them for their character and location. Rooms are always en-suite, of course. Our chosen restaurants offer the best of local cuisine: wine is always served with meals and is often a style and a vintage of high quality.
EVERYTHING IS ORGANISED FOR YOU – the best available flights, the most appropriate accommodation, the most rewarding excursions, the best picnic spots and restaurants – you can relax and enjoy everything without any of the hassles associated with travelling independently.
OUR SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS SIMPLY REFLECT THE CHARGES MADE BY THE HOTELS. It is regrettable but true that it is more expensive to travel singly than à deux. This is entirely because of the price of hotel rooms; a ‘single’ is always far more expensive than half a double. Our single clients normally have a double for single occupancy, there is no limit to the number of singles available and our single supplements are significantly lower than those of ANY OTHER comparable tour organizer.
THE ATMOSPHERE OF OUR TOURS IS THAT OF A PARTY OF FRIENDS TRAVELLING TOGETHER! OUR TOURS ARE METICULOUSLY PLANNED from beginning to end and clients can embark on each adventure in the certain knowledge that they will be guided, entertained, instructed and cossetted by leaders who really do know what they’re doing. Every tour is accompanied by Chris Pollard.
OUR TOURS REPRESENT REMARKABLE VALUE FOR MONEY. In addition we have more or less frozen prices for 2015. We never charge surcharges of any sort. Our prices compare very favourably with those of similar tour organisers who rarely (if ever) offer genuinely all-inclusive holidays. Clients on Pollard Tours are NEVER left to their own devices, for example, to find lunch OR dinner.
We are committed to making every aspect of your holiday problem free. When available, flights from regional airports can be arranged; these may attract a surcharge and it will be your responsibility to meet up with the main group.
OUR TELEPHONE NUMBER IS +44 (0)1823 286097. Outside office hours an answerphone service is available. Our e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org and our website is: www.christopherpollardtours.com
CLIENTS ON POLLARD TOURS ARE PROTECTED BY OUR ATOL BOND number 10256.